i4things supports micro gateway infrastructure. In simple words everyone can install his own micro gateway box at 'peppercorn' cost with average coverage around 300m-5km and ensure his devices are able to be part of the i4things network in case of remote location or not decent coverage from the generic infrastructure.
You can buy the hardware for your gateway yourself from your preferred shop, ebay aliexpress etc. or order it from us. We support off the shelf Heltec Wifi Lora 32 and TTGO OLED Lora 32. You can also request a specific build for any ESP32 based hardware with Lora and Wifi support.
Download and unzip the gateway software : gateway_heltec.zip or gateway_ttgo.zip (depending on the hardware that you choose for your gateway )
Connect the device using USB to micro USB cable.
Edit the file upload.cmd - to have teh correct COMport on which teh gateways is attached
Download and install the configurator from from this repository (GatewayUI)
- Make sure the device is connected via USB to micro USB cable.
- Start The configurator
- Click “Refresh”
- Click “Connect”
- Click “Get Configuration”
- IF all is OK the SSID, PASS, GATEWAY ID, GATEWAY KEY, FREQUENCY should be filled with values. - if not check the connection.
- Setup the WiFi configuration: fill SSID and PASS and click “Send to Gateway”.
- Setup Gateway Details: fill GATEWAY ID and GATEWAY KEY ( provided from the user area of www.i4things.com) and click "Send to Gateway”.
- Setup Frequency : fill the FREQUENCY with one of the following : 868.1 , 868.3 or 868.5 ( only this frequencies are supported for private gateway) and click "Send to Gateway”.
- Finally Click “Get Configuration” and if all is OK the SSID, PASS, GATEWAY ID, GATEWAY KEY, FREQUENCY should have the values you have configured.
- Restart The Gateway (non mandatory)